Verse of Silence Presents Poetry in Pamphlets - Season 2 (Year 2020) - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
Poetry in Pamphlets is a Verse of Silence initiative that intends to provide writers across India a platform
to showcase their creativity through poetry. This is a yearly online poetry competition which recognizes
and focuses on creating a pool of passionate poets and poems into an e-poetry pamphlet. So this 2020,
we are back with our mission to frame your beautiful poems into a pamphlet. Contest tentatively ends
on 30th June 2020.
Judge: Harnidh Kaur
Harnidh is a poet and author from Mumbai and Delhi, India. She's been a policy wonk, VC, and is now heading user engagement for a seed-stage startup in Bangalore. She most recently was a Schwarzman Scholar at Tsinghua University. She is the author of two collections of poetry- The Inability of Words (Writer's Workshop) and The Ease of Forgetting (Thought Catalog Books). Her next book, Twentyish, is releasing under HarperCollins India.
Harnidh will be selecting the top two entries from the contest.
Guidelines for Submission:
1. Your poem must be in English which may include a few words from other languages.
2. Your poem must be original and should have not been published elsewhere including your own personal social media accounts.
3. Your poem should be a minimum of 10 lines and should not exceed 50 lines.
4. There is no restriction on the theme.
5. Your poem will only be considered once the submission fee is paid.
6. No entries will be accepted once the deadline is over.
1. Top 25 selected entries get published in the poetry pamphlet created by Verse of Silence.
2. The custom made e-poetry pamphlets will be available digitally for purchase on our official website.
3. Top 2 poems/poets selected will get
- A cash prize of 5k and 3k INR respectively,
- Special Mention Certificates
- Feature in the next issue of the Verse of Silence Magazine.